10/2/06

Sketches

After watching Italy won the World Cup, my friend and I decided to go to English Bay and drew. It was a perfect day to sketch in Downtown. As I excepted, a lot of Italian were celebrating the victory by marching through the streets. While I was doodling, I saw a guy carring a sword and a shield walking by. I was about to scream like a little girl. He forgot his helmet and armor at home !




(I know... not really funny...)
My friend, Janelle. She turned out older than I thought...oops!

4 comments:

Meg Shaw said...

There's some weird people that come to English Bay. (guy with sword, Joanna Chan etc etc.)
I think I was there at the same time as you. Did you see the France supporter who was tring to pick fights with everybody? I'm pretty sure he was gonna get his ass kicked before the day was through.
Oh, and nice drawings BTW.

Skid Knee said...

Agh, your sketches are so good.

Joanna Chan said...

I didn't see any France supporter picking fights at English Bay, but I saw some Italy supporters driving SUV and occuping two lines on the road.
Yeh.. . I was pleased to be one of the "WEIRD" people. Hahaha...and they are full of characters! (What were you doing there BTW?)

William Bradford said...

These sketches are great, lots of personality.