2/15/06

" Don't Take Your Drawing Too Serious"

I was trying to train myself to look at people on bus in 30 second and do caricatures of them. The first thing I saw was shapes and mood...Then, I started to play with lines.

Sometimes the drawings turned into something completely different...but at the same time, I discovered some new tricks.

" Don't Take Your Drawing Too Serious", my friend told me that his teacher always said it. I don't know why but somehow I do agree what he said... I remebered someone told me this line a long time ago.

7 comments:

Joanna Chan said...

I think because I would feel that I have more freedom with my drawings... Hmmmmm

William Bradford said...

I love your wedding painting, it's great! Nice charicatures too!

If you don't mind me saying so, I think your colored stuff looks much better when you use flatter colors. When you use too soft a coloring, it tends to look a bit airbrushy.

Or you can just ignore me.

Sean Covernton said...

Love that ghoulish fella in the middle!

Joanna Chan said...

Yeah... I was trying to use photoshop to creat a texture in my paintings that looks like it's done in oil or acrylic. Experienicing is fun !

Still,thanks for the comment. I will keep up with my digital painting skill and do more designs in different style. ^_^

Rick Capistrano said...

VERY nice.

Sloth said...

AWSOME ! youre got monthing but my envy hwen it comes to drawinf cool faces, especially the two on the bottom Right really awsome!

Unknown said...

these are super-duper!!!!