8/2/06

Painting Practise


I wondered if I change the painting to a night scene,it would work better for the evil magician's appearance. Thanks to Sean's suggestion on the painting. I toned down the background and resized the rides to give it a better composition and contrast.

After 3 hours of coloring on the painting, I felt like I distored the painting. Too much details and the light source is confused. I spent too much time on it. Finally, I had to stop this nonsence process and moved to work my build project for work.

My work has been going well so far. I really enjoy posing and building characters for Chaotic. I have had a lot fun with pushing the facial expression and posing in extreme angle. Although the design of the characters are not my favourite, but to learn the style of the show is a luxury to me.

Anyway, after doing research on playland on the Internet, I just want to redo my entire painting and redesign the rides. Ahhhhhhhhhh!

Have to go back to work... Any more suddestions on the painting ?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's you in the front screaming right.


ken

Joanna Chan said...

Hahaha... Yep. You got that right. I am still scared of riding roalor coaster, even in the dream.

Sloth said...

youve nbeen to playland righ, and icant tell if the BG looks better or getting too muddy :S i kind of liekd the crazy colors of the last one but the dark light oin this ones really well developed so the city has more depth, how much time did you sink into this ?

Joanna Chan said...

two day I think hahahahah
well... now I look at this piating again. I do like it...

really pratice painting...

Mike Linton said...

Hahaha.. really nice forced perspective on the Coaster JellyJo. I love the green dude in the second row... He looks like he's had enough of this ride from hell...
Mike